Total Care Recruitment are delighted to be working as an approved agency with the Northern Health & Social Care Trust. We are seeking Band 2 Healthcare Assistants for shifts in hospitals in Antrim, Coleraine, Ballycastle, Magherafelt, Newtownabbey and Larne for full time and part time hours Monday - Friday.
- The post holder is required to provide & assist in the provision of high-quality person-centred care for patients and their families.
- The post holder will assist in all aspects of direct personal care for patients/clients & to carry out other assigned tasks in support of and supervised by a Registered Nurse or Midwife.
- Follow the agreed plan of care.
- Respect peoples’ dignity, wishes & beliefs & obtain their consent for treatment.
- Assist with the care of patients’ clothing, laundry, lockers & wardrobes.
- Assist in the preparation & serving of meals & beverages for patients.
- Assist patients to eat & drink & record & report same.
- Maintain high standards of practice at all times.
- Participate in the care of the deceased patient & their relatives.
- Record & report care activities undertaken accurately to the nurse-in-charge.
- Assist nursing staff in the delivery of person-centred care.
- The post holder must ensure that all information regarding patients is kept in strict confidence.
- The post holder will promote and support effective team working, fostering a culture of openness and transparency.
- Have an NVQ Level 2 Care Award or equivalent.
- Be willing to complete an Enhanced Access NI Check
Total Care Recruitment Ltd are a specialist Recruitment Agency managed and led by a team of highly qualified Social Workers recruiting exclusively for the Health & Social Care sector throughout Northern Ireland and the UK. We offer a dedicated Recruitment Consultant who will be your link person throughout your employment with Total Care. We offer a 24/7 telephone service to all of our staff if you should ever need to contact the agency outside of office hours in the event of an emergency. We offer weekly pay, free training and a free staff uniform and many more benefits.
We are a professionally managed service and offer additional individually tailored supervision and support to all staff.
Ms Laura Totton (Principal Social Worker) will be your single point of contact for any query whether it be a professional/personal support or career development.
Total Care Recruitment is a member of REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) adhering to all current employment legislation - 00200702