Total Care Recruitment, on behalf of our client are recruiting for the role of an Day Care Support Worker for a F/T block booking across multiple Day Centres in the Belfast area.The Service provides Day Support for people aged 18 years plus with learning disabilities, living in the Belfast Health & Social Care Trust area. These adults may have additional mental health, sensory, complex health care needs, physical disabilities and/or behaviours which challenge. The Service also provides respite, advice and support to the parents and carers of people with learning disabilities
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide personal assistance with primary needs i.e. toileting, feeding, bathing, showering.
- Facilitate and enable service users to participate in activities.
- Be responsible for the care of a group of service users in the absence of the Day Care Worker.
- Implement agreed individual programmes of support designed to enhance and maximise the capabilities of adults with a disability (eg Behaviour Management Programmes Support regarding personal hygiene skills, life skills, employment skills and promote enhancement of self esteem).
- Implement social and recreational programmes.
- Implement appropriate individual behavioural strategies identified by Behaviour support Team.
- Assist with the management and monitoring service users’ personal finances
- Participate in meeting the physical and personal needs of service users.
- NVQ 2 or equivalent or higher in a Care related subject and 1 year’s paid experience working with adults in a social care role, plus GCSE in English Language.
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including English Language or equivalent/higher qualification and 18 months paid experience working with adults in a social care role.
Two years of paid experience working in a social care role, 6 months of which must be working directly with adults with learning disabilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Sensitivity and a person centred approach to the needs of adults with learning disabilities and their carers.
- Personal flexibility and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Understanding and experience of behaviours which challenge.
- Evidence of a good work attendance record
- Currently registered with NISCC.
* A driving licence is not an essential criteria however it is an essential requirement for some posts, such as Community Day Services. If these posts become available and you do not possess a UK driving licence and have access to a car, then you will not be considered for this specific post.
To apply please email your CV to careers@totalcarerecruitment and quote the role you are applying for.